APRIL 19th is a Tuesday! I apologize.
Prospective Bidders attending pre-bid (4/11/2011)
American Industrial, Incx.
Bidders indicating intention to bid by picking up documents or email (4/4/2011):
Louis Consolini, Ledyard, CT
The LTTC will make a presentation on the project to the Town Council at their February 23, 2011 meeting.
The Ledyard Town Center Committee will hold a public information session at 7:00 PM, February 17, 2011 in the Ledyard Town Hall Annex to present its plan to use grant funding for improvements to the Ledyard town green, fairgrounds and playground area located on Rte 117 between Ledyard Center School and the Ledyard Congregational Church. Town of Ledyard funds will not be spent for this project. The public is invited to attend this session to provide comments regarding the proposed improvements to Ledyard Center.
Slide Presentation from August 30, 2010 meeting. Prime concerns to be addressed are the impacts of the Phase 1 improvements on the fair and the number of rides, which can be accommodated on the upper area and access control for school children utilizing the area. Both items to be addressed at October Committee meeting and the project remains on schedule for bidding in the late Fall.
THE LEDYARD TOWN CENTER COMMITTEE WILL HOLD A PUBLIC MEETING TO DISCUSS AND RECEIVE COMMENTS ON THE CONCEPT PLAN ON AUGUST 30, 2010 AT 7:00 PM IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS AT TOWN HALL.
Ledyard Town Green Improvement Project
Purpose: The Town of Ledyard has undertaken this project to create a Town Green in
• New Stone Wall along 117 frontage. The stone wall shall be approximately 30” tall
• New Street Trees between the existing sidewalk (to remain) and the proposed stone
• Relocated Veterans Memorial The current location of the Memorial is nearby, but
• New Street Plaza & Entry Area Town Greens are places where the community
• New Wooden Fence would replace the chain link fence between the Green and the
• New Parking Area Entrance A new entrance centralized to the parking and the
• Allée of trees An Allée of trees was placed along the northern edge of the Green to
• New Stage A new larger, modernly equipped, roofed stage/amphitheater,
• Relocated Historic School House The new stage would displace the existing stage
• New Shade Trees Add two large specimen shade trees to frame the stage, and
• Reduce Paving There is an abundance of excess paving around the pavilion and
• New Turf with Rainwater Harvested Irrigation The existing turf is worn out and
|STATUS (4 May 2010): Kent + Frost has been asked to draft a contract for services.
STATUS (3 May 2010): The Committee will meet with Kent + Frost to discuss their proposed scope of work and costs. (May 3, 2010 @ 7:15 PM).
STATUS (8 April 2010): The committee met on April 5, 2010 and decided to further review the submittals of five of the consultants (indicated by "*" below). The committee will meet again on April 21, 2010 to continue their review.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Planning/Design & Implementation of Fairground Improvements
The Town of Ledyard through the Ledyard Town Center Committee is accepting proposals from professional planning, engineering and architectural firms or teams licensed in the State of Connecticut for the preparation of a design development plan and plans and specification for improvement to the Town Fair Grounds, 740 Colonel Ledyard Highway.
The firm(s) should be able to demonstrate a successful track record in the preparation of similar plans and projects in Connecticut communities and have knowledge and expertise in relevant regulatory and code requirements.
Interested firms should submit proposals (5 copies) to the Mayor’s Office, 741 Colonel Ledyard Highway, Ledyard, CT 06339 no later than 2:00 PM. on March 17, 2010.
We welcome your comments and suggestions. Contact: email@example.com